I remember very clearly the day my baby sister was born. My mother woke me in the wee hours of the morning and led me to the living room. I was instructed to stay awake and watch over my younger brothers and sisters. I was only 11 at the time. After my parents left for the hospital every sound that you can imagine frightened me, but I stayed awake and alert until the phone call came. Our family at that time had three girls and three boys, this baby was to be the tie breaker. I can't tell you how relieved I was when I received the phone call that my newest sibling was a girl. Honestly, I don't think I could have taken another brother.
Natasha was the most adorable baby imaginable. Being the oldest daughter I was put in charge of her. She slept in my room and I watched over her and even got up with her in the middle of the night. As she grew she had the cutest ringlets and a round chubby face. She reminded most people who saw her of Shirley Temple. I loved how she would follow me and want to do what I did, even if that meant getting into my make-up and other things. (Oh the stories I could tell) I enjoyed taking her with me as we grew older and she would often join my friends and I. She was that lovable. It was a sad day when I left for college. I missed her terribly. As the years have gone by we have each been busy with our own families, but to me Natasha will always be my baby sister. How grateful I am that we can be together forever.
I wish Natasha lived closer so that we could spend more time together. Not only is she my sister but I count her as one of my dearest friends.
Natasha was the most adorable baby imaginable. Being the oldest daughter I was put in charge of her. She slept in my room and I watched over her and even got up with her in the middle of the night. As she grew she had the cutest ringlets and a round chubby face. She reminded most people who saw her of Shirley Temple. I loved how she would follow me and want to do what I did, even if that meant getting into my make-up and other things. (Oh the stories I could tell) I enjoyed taking her with me as we grew older and she would often join my friends and I. She was that lovable. It was a sad day when I left for college. I missed her terribly. As the years have gone by we have each been busy with our own families, but to me Natasha will always be my baby sister. How grateful I am that we can be together forever.
I wish Natasha lived closer so that we could spend more time together. Not only is she my sister but I count her as one of my dearest friends.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATASHA!
My thoughts are with you on this special day.
I Love you!
That was so sweet!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATASHA!!! We love you too!
ReplyDeleteI am a very lucky baby sister to have such a wonderful big sister who is also my friend.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the very sweet post, it made me feel special.