Fry's grocery store had a fabulous deal last this week.
Fresh pineapples were only $1,
however if you combined the sale with
coupons found on the Internet,
they were FREE!
I was able to pick up 4 FREE pineapples.
Did I mention that they were FREE?
I guess I am on a salsa kick this week,
because with one of them I made fresh Pineapple Salsa.
This recipe is worth trying!
Just look how invitingly colorful it is,
and the taste, WOW!
I found this wonderful gadget for cutting pineapple
at a regular grocery store. I only paid $5.00
for it and it has been well worth it.
After you cut the top off,
position the slicer over the pineapple.
Push and twist.
It's that simple.
When you reach the bottom,
turn it over and the pineapple
just slides right out.
It make beautifully uniform slices.
the pineapple slices until nicely
marked. This only takes a few
minutes. Be careful not to char them.
1 large pineapple, sliced, grilled, and then chopped
1 Large red bell pepper, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
2 Serrano chilies, minced
1 Clove garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1-2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
1 Teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
Add the bell pepper, onion, chile's, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice. Mix well. Salt and pepper to your taste. Set aside for at least 3o-60 minutes to let the flavors meld. Serve with fish, ham, or turkey.
We love it on Nachos and Chicken Enchiladas.
2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1-2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
1 Teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
Add the bell pepper, onion, chile's, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice. Mix well. Salt and pepper to your taste. Set aside for at least 3o-60 minutes to let the flavors meld. Serve with fish, ham, or turkey.
We love it on Nachos and Chicken Enchiladas.
This looks delish! We are going to have to try it...and since we have the master griller here, I am sure the pineapple will be perfecto...thanks for sharing this yummy looking recipe!
ReplyDeletePineapple salsa is my favorite! I bet yours is amazing.
ReplyDeleteI've never had pineapple salsa...but it looks mouth-watering! I hope I get to try some...we don't have a grill, so it just wouldn't be the same if I made it. Thanks for sharing! Oh, and that Pineapple tool is awesome!
ReplyDelete